Monday, November 5, 2012

Let The Guessing Begin

This Past General Conference, I prepared a list of question to be answered. First on the list, was.....
"Should I begin preparing to serve a Mission when I turn 21?"
Saturday morning, I knelt down and prayed in my bedroom asking this very question, right before the start of the first session.
By the time I finished my prayer President Monson was already on the screen, exclaiming that he had an announcement. He then proceeded to tell us that the ages for serving missions in the church were now changed to 18 versus 19 for Men and 19 versus 21 for Women. 
WHAAAAAAAAATTTTTT????!!!!!!!
I was expecting such a direct response to my prayer. Yet it came. I did not want to jump to any conclusions, I still wasn't throughly convinced that a mission was for me. I determined that I would listen intently through out the rest of the sessions and then make my decision. 
I attended the Sunday Morning Session at the Conference Center in Salt Lake. For the Intermediate Hymn we all stood up and sang "Called To Serve". 
That's when I knew. 
I have put in my Mission papers and I am eagerly awaiting my call! The gospel of Jesus Christ is the JOY of my heart and my SOUL! I feel incredibly blessed to know of it's truthfulness. Nothing could be more fulfilling than sharing this joy and happiness with others. I could not be more excited for this opportunity!!! So excited that I went and bought a map of the World today just for fun.
Let the guessing begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment