Thursday, September 27, 2012

Full Moon Lift

So here's the skinny. Every Full Moon, Sundance opens up the Lift. You go allll the way up, and then allll the way back down again. It's actually a pretty extensive trip. Lovely view, good company, you would think it would be peaceful, right?
Wrong.
The two DoDo brains in our lift (Jake and I) couldn't figure out how to put the safety bar down, as we're going higher and higher up the mountain. I am freaking out at this point, holding on the bars behind me with a crazed look in my eves, every muscle in my arms is screaming for mercy, and I am one hundred percent focused on NOT dying, so of course there is no conversation. Poor Jake. But hey, there was no way I was going to fall off that lift. 
None. 
Eventually I lose it, slightly decrease my death grip and start pulling on every bar my arms can reach like a Mad Woman. The closest equivalent would probably be a blind gorilla, grasping for monkey bars above a pit of FIRE! I was not doing okay. Families, couples, groups of friends would pass by us and there bar was down! What was wrong with ours? Was it broken? I then start to holler at the people passing by..It started with belligerent accusations like "Who do you think you are with your bar down like that?"...and turned into pathetic pleading..."HELP US PLEASE!" On a side note, some of this may or may not be an exaggeration...it all seems a little hazy now...
That's right.
Things were getting serious. Something...probably divine inspiration, inspired me to look up. What do I see? The safety bar. Yep. Like I mentioned earlier two DoDo's were riding the lift so it shouldn't be surprising that we missed it. We pulled that stupid bar down and enjoyed the rest of the ride down which wasn't very much considering I spent 60% of the ride playing the raving lunatic. I captured this quick snapshot as we approached our landing. Super blurry, but I figured such a stressful event should be documented. Story of my life.
Ridiculous.

No comments:

Post a Comment