Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Hoob. A. Stanky.

How I always end up at the most random concerts, is beyond me...take for example, my very first concert at the Amway Arena...Phil Collins. Don't get me wrong, Phil Collins is quite the gem. I loved singing along to "You'll Be In My Heart" reminiscing about the good ole day spent watching Tarzan while I swayed back and forth with the middle aged. It was the best of times....it was the worst of times. I am also yet to attend another concert with quite so many wheelchairs.
Ok I lied. I do know how I end up at the Hoobastank concert, Phil is still a mystery, but as far as Hoobastanky is concerned, our friends The Lovecapades were opening for them. 
So of course we made the trek out to Salt Lake to come and support. The funny part was Mickey, the blondie featured in the second from the bottom left photo, is a HUGE Hoobastank fan!
He knew ALL of the words, and eventually ditched us to move to the front row where the lead singer gave him a shout out for knowing all the words and singing along to their newest songs.
And the #1 Fan Award goes too.....MICKEY SCHAERTL!!!
Here comes the even funnier part. The rest of us, not being as diehard as Mickey, left the concert a little early to go grab some Applebee's at The Gateway. We forgot to tell Mickey we were doing this, since the lead singer was giving him his own personal concert in the front row (He probably wouldn't have really heard us anyways, Hoobastanky is too mesmerizing). As we get our desserts we realize that Mickey's not with us, and his phone died earlier at the concert. Glenny Boo and Nico ran the go find him and eventually spotted him sitting alone on a car outside the concert. 
And the worst friends ever award goes to...TABLE OF SIX!!
Mickey hasn't hung out with us since that night............Just kidding. He forgave us, probably because he was still on a Hoobastank high. Jammin' out to "The Reason" really takes it outta ya. 


No comments:

Post a Comment